Your login details
Not yet a member? It's easy to join!
Are you an independent artist or theatre maker, performing arts company or venue? Become a Theatre Alive member and you can:
- List shows and company/venue details on theatrealive.com.au
- Access tools, resources and information about marketing your small, independent organisation
- Post news and opportunities that are relevant to the industry on theatrealive.com.au
Theatre Alive aims to promote the diversity, innovation and quality of Victoria’s independent theatre makers. The project supports independent theatre makers and producers creating new and innovative work. We support the marketing capabilities of arts organisations and individuals involved in professional performing arts, through the provision of resources to members. Projects to be included on the website must align with these aims./p>
Priority will be given to those with an established relationship with Arts Victoria or Arts Victoria-funded projects (either through recurrent or project-based funding).
Theatre Alive was primarily developed to assist independent companies with limited promotional reach to broaden their audiences. For this reason, the website will not include those projects or venues with a broad and established audience base and/or significant promotional reach.
As Theatre Alive promotes the live performance experience, it does not promote projects that are predominantly screen culture-based including narrative and non-narrative film, video-making, and animation, or online multimedia projects.
- Be professional Victorian-based companies or venues
- Be independent companies and/or activities presented in small to medium scale venues
- Have a strong track record of performing and an established reputation (i.e. via reviews, critical commentary and or awards)
- Contribute to the development of arts practice in Victoria
- Be able to supply promotional material
- Members’ online resources
- Submit shows
- Submit news
- Submit opportunities
- Submit reviews
Theatre Alive was primarily developed to assist small to medium companies with limited promotional reach to broaden their audiences. For this reason, the website will not include those projects or venues with a broad and established audience base and/or significant promotional reach.
To be eligible for Individual Membership of Theatre Alive, applicants must either be involved in professional performing arts in Victoria or have completed / be finalising formal study of the performing arts with the intent to become a professional performing artist.
Individual Members of Theatre Alive have access to:
As Theatre Alive aims to promote the diversity, innovation and quality of Victoria’s independent arts companies, publicists who support projects that align with these aims should be allowed to promote those projects on the website. Publicists who represent companies that fit Theatre Alive’s membership criteria will be allowed to register as members themselves.
Theatre Alive will apply the same rigorous criteria to the publicists’ postings as with other members.